My thoughts on this game so far.

General discussion for anything Hash Rush related.
gamegenie

Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:11 am

Here are my 2 cents on the time I spent playing game early this morning.

This game picked up really well to me as an strategy action adventure type game play. I was starting to like the game at some point, and then suddenly it appeared my workers started getting scared for no reason, they were not in in areas of fog as I cleared paths with lamp posts. I'm not sure why this happened but it made it near impossible for me to continue playing. Also why do trained combat workers seem to can't eat for themselves? Seems the game is programmed to only regular workers can eat.

Also this game needs to improve it's level up abilities, I played for about 2 hours straight, built Barracks and Saw mills defeated two enemies and did not level up once. Not sure if this is the difficulty of the game, but there should at least be some easy level ups in the beginning to give the gamer the idea of progression. I felt like the game was starting to go no where. I realize this is an alpha so I hope that is the reason.

Also where's the save options? I hate two think all the game play and building up just went completely to waste since I saw nothing indicating a save.
The Traveller

Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:01 am

Thank you very much for the feedback, it's much appreciated.
Many of the points that you have mentioned are due to what you've identified already, it's because we are in the alpha phase of the game. We are missing core features, and there are several higher-profile bugs. Most games won't have their alpha versions 'open' for those reasons, but we want people to see our development first hand.

Regarding your points:
We did have a bug regarding the fog and fear feature, however, that should have been fixed with our latest patch (v217) - if you or anyone else still notice this buggy behaviour, please do let me know.

With the food and combat units issue, I've tried to replicate it, however, I cannot make this bug appear. If you get this bug again, please can you press F11 in-game and send a bug report to us.

Level progression has a very straightforward reason - it's not a part of the game just yet. We are designing 'levels' for the player, but that is still being balanced out by our GD.

We are working on the core features to give the game more direction, right now it is more of a 'here is what we are working on, check out our progress first hand' than a full-on game.

I've written up about some of the main features that are missing in our Knowledge base